Friday, November 14, 2014

Altered Art Playing Card Challenge - Week 10

Week 10 of the challenge is here. I have to admit that taking part in this has bumped up my creativity for a lot of things. I started working on a quilt a few weeks ago (it's been in progress for over 10 years - horrible, I know), I have multiple Christmas decoration projects underway, I've been doing random paintings on canvas, and I turned a book into a box a couple nights ago (it's not totally done, but it'll be awesome when it is). I am having so much fun and it feels good to be covered in glue and paint.

On to the cards. Claudine's cards for this week were totally whimsical and fun - see them here. Not remotely my style, but I figured I'd give it a shot and came up with this card. The background is watercolor with some doodles. The face is bits from a couple magazines and I drew the eyes/nose piece.



This second one the picture is from the book I destroyed the other day - it's got lots of fun little illustrations and this one fit my quote in a weird way. Background is watercolor pencil, watercolored.


No comments:

Post a Comment