Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A challenge?

Through my tangling exploits I've run across quite a few blogs where people show off their art. One that I found is I am the diva. She posts a weekly challenge, which isn't always complicated, but is definitely a way to expand your range, learn new concepts, or learn new tangles. I have completed a couple on my own, but never submitted one. So even though this one is super simple... here's my first submission for the diva challenge - #120.

Bales - Diva Challenge #120 - by Angie Wallace
This is a design I've used before, but I don't think I've ever just done one tile using one tangle (or 'monotangle' as the diva calls it). It's not awesome, but I kind of like the simplicity of this one.

13 comments:

  1. Love the shape of the tile and the clarity of the design. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too agree that the shape of your tile is eye catching and beautifully done! Your use of bales is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried a couple other bales later and still like this one the best.

      Delete
  3. Great job! I was a first time challenger this week too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to know I'm not the only late joiner. I just clicked on your blog and see that you're a quilter too! Me too! Although I have more UFO's than finished projects...

      Delete
  4. Welcome to our group Angie, your creation shows a lovely balance of light and dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the zany world of the Diva Challenge. Like the contrast and balance that you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple? Maybe. But it's very eye catching, and I love the string you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this tile, great contrast and the middle part to calm it. Welcome; I hope to see you more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am definitely planning on doing more challenges, so hopefully you will see me around. :)

      Delete