Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hearts Afloat, Hearts on Fire

Now that things have calmed down from the move, I actually had time to doodle this week. I've been wanting to try a Zendala so I decided to combine The Bright Owls' Zendala Dare (#62) with the Diva Challenge (#124) this week. And I accidentally did the Diva's #123 as well.

The Diva challenge this week was an open challenge with disaster's in mind. When I started drawing I was thinking about the flooding of the Diva's hometown, but also of my two home states of Colorado and Arizona that have multiple fires burning. With that in mind and the zendala template this just popped into my head.

Hearts Afloat, Hearts on Fire - by Angie Wallace

I used micron pens and watercolor pencils (not on watercolor paper, so it's a little warped).

5 comments:

  1. So lovely! You did a magnificent job capturing the heart-felt feelings. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great interpretation of the theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did very well with this. I especially like the middel part, it pulls you in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Your interpretation about this challenge. Beautiful and dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree wit the above: beautiful, heartfelt, dramatic. Lovely color as well.

    ReplyDelete