Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pointillism

This week has been awesome. The weather is finally starting to chill out and it's starting to feel a bit like fall... at least in the mornings. I've actually been able to drive to and from work without turning on the air conditioning so that's a good thing. It still doesn't feel like mid-October though - I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the non-seasons of living in Arizona.

This week the diva's challenge was to use pointillism. I have tried this in the past but never really stuck with it because it seems to bother my wrist after too long. I ended up doing three smaller tiles this week, although the last one isn't finished.

This was the first one I completed... geometric with shading.
Geo - by Angie Wallace


For this second one I just started doing random shapes and I really like the way it turned out.
Swirly - by Angie Wallace


My last one isn't finished yet - I think I should add some plants and flowers or something but I'm not sure yet, so it will get finished later. It's actually on a 6x6 tile but I cropped the photo since there's nothing else on the page yet.



This last picture isn't mine, but I figured this would be a good place to show it off. The quality of my picture isn't great, but it's one of my favorite pieces. My friend Sarah, who I've been friends with for almost 30 years, made this in high school and gave it to me for my frog collection. She used pointillism with micron pens and prisma color for the eyes.
Frogs by Sarah Babcock Dudley


6 comments:

  1. Your work is fabulous. I especially like the first one; the shading is terrific. Where in Arizona are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, I love all your pointellism, especially your second. Frogs are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice set of tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three are beautiful, but the second one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are wonderful! The first one is my favorite. It´s gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! The first one is my favorite as well.... Although I think all three are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete