Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Altered Art Playing Card Challenge - Week 9

For my week 9 cards from Claudine's challenge, I back tracked a little for technique and theme. Also, during the week off instead of playing catch up I got a bit ahead so I've got four more cards done already. I also had the chance to work on some quilting and other art projects so it was a good week. I should post some of that other stuff too...

Anyway, week 9 cards. This first one I used metallic acrylics for the background and left a spot of white space. White space is not something I normally do. I have the same problem doing Zentangle type stuff - I always try to fill every space but I'm learning that white space can have a purpose. The butterfly I drew and cut out then scored a bit between the wings and body so the wings could be raised off the card.



This second card I love. The background is all acrylic paint. The trees are too - I painted the trunks and leaves on card stock then cut them out. I had a blast doing the leaves - I cut around my paint as close as possible then did little snips to make them more palm tree like. Between the snips and the paint, the texture turned out great and I love the result.


1 comment:

  1. These are both really nicely done. I love your take on this week's cards.

    ReplyDelete