Friday, September 19, 2014

Altered Art Playing Card Challenge - Week 3

I realized after I posted last week that I totally forgot to give credit to Claudine, the talented lady who has given this challenge. Check out her blog here - http://claudinesartcorner.blogspot.com/ and there is a link to the playing card challenge on the right.

I'm having a lot of fun doing these so far. I have more ideas in my head than I know what to do with. But since I'm a bit new at this, they don't always translate to the cards as well as I'd hoped. I have a few with weird backgrounds and I've just been staring at them hoping that inspiration will pop into my head. I know it will.

Onwards!

Here are my two cards for this week. This first one started with a weirder background using alcohol inks. I'd never used them before and they're pretty funky to work with. This was red and yellow swirls and the longer I stared at it the more I saw a brick wall. So I added a mix of brown and red acrylic paint and added the grout lines with a white gel pen.



This second one is a little bit milky way. I used metallic and regular acrylics for the background and a white gel pen for the stars. Due to the metallic it didn't really photograph well, the stars are more visible. To be totally honest, I'm not sure it's done, I kind of feel like it's missing something.


2 comments:

  1. Love your brick wall, very funny! Your sky is gorgeous! It needs a tiny TARDIS :)
    Have a great day!~kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, a TARDIS would be a perfect addition to that one! :)

      Delete